The main objectives of this museum are:-
- To portray the growth of science and technology and their applications in industry and human welfare with a view to developing scientific attitude and temper and to create, inculcate and sustain a general S&T awareness amongst the people.
- To collect, restore and preserve important historical objects, which represent landmarks in the development of science, technology and industry.
- To design, develop and fabricate science museum exhibits, demonstration equipment and scientific teaching aids for science education and popularization of science.
- To popularize science and technology in cities, urban and rural areas for the benefit of students and for the common people by organizing exhibitions, seminars, popular lectures, science camps and various other programs.
- To supplement science education given in schools and colleges and to organize various out-of-school educational activities to foster a spirit of scientific inquiry and creativity among the students.
- To organize training programs for science teachers/students/young entrepreneurs/technicians/ handicapped/housewives and others on specific subjects of science, technology and industry.
- To render assistance to universities, technical institutions, museums, schools and colleges or other bodies in planning and organizing science museums and also in training of personnel for museum profession.